Testimonials

Homemade granola

As is typical of my persona, this isn't another "normal" recipe for homemade granola.  There are some great ones out there but I thought I would share an idea that I had that actually turned out quite well (like I am surprised!).

This is a one ingredient "granola" recipe.  Yes, I typed that correctly.  Let me explain.  Bakers Breakfast Cookies (www.bbcookies.com) specializes in making delicious homemade cookies and also makes extremely good granola (and a high protein granola that is out of this world).  

Well, as I was looking at one of these cookies one day I thought to myself, "what else could I do with this?".  That's a popular question when it comes to my cooking and experimenting with food. 

This led to me getting the cutting board and my biggest knife in the drawer and cutting this cookie into small pieces.  Looking at it a little more and then looking at the Bakers Granola, I suddenly realized that I could turn this cookie into another delicious snack option by simply taking some moisture out of it.

I placed the little pieces of cookie on a cookie sheet and popped it in the oven for about 6 minutes or so.  Took it out and let the air do its job and within about 10 more minutes, I had made "granola" from a Bakers Breakfast Cookie.

I don't think Erin Baker will be adopting my recipe anytime soon as her true granola tastes way better than mine but I was proud that I found yet another use for her wonderful cookies.

Go out and get some Bakers Breakfast Cookies and try it.  Personally, I put mine in a bowl with some soy milk over it and a spoonful of peanut butter but be creative and design a new concoction of your own!

Enjoy!

Coach Bob
coachbob@fuel4mance.com