Testimonials

Nutrition tidbit for long course triathletes

I had a great discussion with a female triathlete who did the Wildflower half Ironman this year. I have been working with her for 3 weeks on improving metabolic efficiency in her daily nutrition plan. Each week upon talking with her, I knew that her metabolic efficiency was improving based on the responses she was giving me both in and out of training.

The real test was her feeding experience at Wildflower. We only had 3 weeks to prepare her before Wildflower and I must say that I was extremely impressed with the work she had done. She admitted to me that she was the typical triathlete who taped as many gels to the top tube of her bike as possible and she normally consumed 6-7 gels on the bike with ample sports drink and the same trend on the run...usually with some sort of GI distress.

Wildflower 2010 and she tells me that she consumed 1 gel after the swim, 2 on the bike and 1 on the run.

That's some metabolic efficiency progress if I do say so myself! Oh, and she cut off 30 minutes from her PR years ago!

Yet another athlete benefiting from the metabolic efficiency concept!

Coach Bob
coachbob@fuel4mance.com
www.fuel4mance.com