Testimonials

My new book is here!


I am SO excited to announce that the second edition of my first book ever is now available! It is a much updated version from my original published in 2004. I have stocked it with much more information and I can now say that it darn well may be one of the top sport nutrition books you have in your library. I initially wrote the first edition to serve as a complementary resource for other sports nutrition books on the market but I wanted to provide athletes and coaches the information that I provide to athletes and also the "how" of implementing my principles. Here are a few highlights of this new second edition:

1. Title change (from Nutrition Periodization for Endurance Athletes to Nutrition Periodization for Athletes) reflects the addition of how to use nutrition periodization among a wide variety of athletes include team sport athletes, strength and power athletes and endurance athletes. The information can now be easily used for any athlete!

2. The addition of my FuelTarget model that I developed over 8 years ago. This model is a very simple way to teach athletes of all ages and abilities how to eat without using a numbers based approach or counting calories. I also added my Periodization Plates model that is referenced in my Metabolic Efficiency Training book.

3. Offering a full chapter devoted to the basics of the macronutrients (carbohydrate, protein, fat) including what they are, good sources of each and why each is necessary. This is the only part of the book that follows a "traditional" approach to sports nutrition. All of the other chapters are completely out of the box thinking.

4. My weight management chapter has been completely redesigned to provide athletes the three methods of losing body weight and fat. There is not one way that is most successful for athletes thus I provide the three most popular that can be used with great success in obtaining body weight/composition goals.

5. In the nutrition supplements chapter, I highlight a few ergogenic aids/supplements that have shown promise in their use and safety.

6. Lastly, I have added information about iron deficiency anemia and inflammation and how nutrition is linked to each of these very common disorders among athletes.

All in all, the page count is about double from the first edition but there is no filler. All of the information is what I use with athletes "in the trenches" on a daily basis.

I am confident that this book will surpass your expectations! You can find it at my publisher's website, Bull Publishing, Fuel4mance or Kompetitive Edge.

Enjoy!

Coach Bob
coachbob@fuel4mance.com