Testimonials

First blog from China!

I'm here! The 2008 Olympics. Beijing, China! Very exciting to say the least!

My travels were uneventful, thankfully, and I am working on my second full day in Beijing. My first night brought a lot of tossing and turning and very non-quality sleep. I went to bed at 8:00, woke up at 12:00, stayed up until 2:00 and then woke up again at 4:00am to start my day. Kind of reminds me of when my kids were infants and the crazy sleep schedule that you follow during those times.

Nonetheless, my second night was much better. In bed at 9:30 and up at 4:30am. While it wasn't as long as I had hoped, it was a straight sleep with some good REM sleep. I woke up bright and early and talked with Sarah via Skype to see how she has been doing and how she is feeling going into the last tough build week of training before she heads over for her first Olympics. Then a quick team meeting followed by breakfast and I got lucky enough to talk to my family via Skype before they went to bed. Ah, just to hear the voices of my kids and wife was priceless!

My first full day in Beijing was spent both in and out of the swimming pool that we are trying to set up. We were building and putting in lane lines and the water polo net for our athletes when they arrive.

The best thing about my trip so far is that the food at our U.S. based restaurant is phenomenal! Nothing to worry about there which instills a calm feeling upon everyone.

I'm off to the Olympic Village today to have a look around the cafeteria to see how the food situation is there and hope to post some photos of my outing.

Stay tuned...

Coach Bob
coachbob@fuel4mance.com