Testimonials

Super pancakes

Normally, you don't think of pancakes as being metabolically efficient...unless you of course are Bob Seebohar who likes to experiment!

I made fantastic pancakes yesterday and actually broke out the measuring devices so I could make them suit metabolic efficiency. Remember, I have to satisfy the palate's of kids also but happy to report that they loved the pancakes!

Here's what I put in them...

-Pancake mix
-Oats
-Cinnamon
-Powdered peanut butter (PB2 from Bell Plantation)
-Soy protein powder
-Mint chocolate pieces
-Splash of olive oil
-Vanilla soy milk
-Water

*Of course the mint chocolate pieces can be deleted but my kids love them so they were left in my recipe...

I played around with the quantities of each as I was mixing it together so I could get the ratio of carbohydrate to protein in a good range to control blood sugar. In fact, the ratio of carbohydrate to protein was 2.4:1. (FYI-I usually like to stay around the 2:1 to better control blood sugar.)

Each pancake had about 15 grams of carbohydrate and 6 grams of protein and boy were they scrum-diddly-dumptous!

Enjoy! Oh and don't try to eat too many. They fill you up quickly!

Coach Bob
coachbob@fuel4mance.com