Testimonials

Nutrition for my 30 mile run

What a great training day I had today. I set my sights on a bit more volume in my long run since I woke up and my Achilles was feeling like it could go about a marathon or so. Off I headed figuring I should not do any aggressive climbs to keep the Achilles pain manageable. There were only a few tweaks of pain here and there but nothing like it has been so that is good news. I have been following a bit more aggressive of a strengthening program for them which I think is helping.

On to my nutrition for the 30 miles I logged on the feet today.

Breakfast at 7:15am:
Yogurt, blueberries, peanut butter
First Endurance MultiV
First Endurance Optygen HP
10.8 grams of fish oil (yes it is a lot but that is on purpose)

Run at 8:30am. Here are my PER HOUR totals for the 30 miles which took 4.5 hours:

Calories: 84
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Fat: 1 gram
Sodium: 517 milligrams
Water: 29 ounces

Energy level was good and nutrition was not a limiter at all. Achilles pain came and went and left gluteal fatigue started to set in but considering I averaged 9:03 minutes per mile, I'm pretty happy.

Next time the only fix will be to increase my sodium per hour. Closer to 1000 milligrams.

Off to recover and take the Kids that TRI team up to Avon, Colorado this weekend for the IronKids Avon race!

Coach Bob
coachbob@fuel4mance.com
www.fuel4mance.com