It is holiday time and for many that means gift giving. Do you need some ideas for friends or family members? Why not give the gift of promoting good health and nutrition? Here are some ideas to consider that are sure to please your gift recipient:
- Metabolic Efficiency Training: Teaching the Body to Burn More Fat (available as hard copy book or e-book). This book provides nutrition and training recommendations during each training cycle to improve the body’s ability to use fat as a fuel source.
- Metabolic Efficiency Recipe Book (e-book). This e-book features over 100 recipes and tips to help with implementation of the metabolic efficiency training principles.
- The Athlete’s Food Guide to Metabolic Efficiency Training (e-book). This is resource ties together the concepts of metabolic efficiency training and nutrition periodization. Carbohydrate to protein ratios are explained in depth and descriptions are provided to guide you on structuring your daily nutrition patterns.
- Nutrition Periodization for Athletes (book or Kindle). A detailed look at optimizing nutrition throughout the training cycles for all levels and types of athletes.
- Performance Nutrition: Applying the Science of Nutrient Timing. Specific nutrient timing recommendations for endurance, strength/power, combative, and team sports.
- Gift certificate for a nutrition consultation or monthly nutrition coaching package with sport dietitians, Bob Seebohar and Dina Griffin.
- For those in the Colorado Front Range area, a gift certificate for performance testing (lactate threshold test or metabolic efficiency test) with Bob or Dina.
- Strength Training for Triathletes DVD from Bob Seebohar.
Don’t procrastinate. Visit Fuel4mance to get more information and order these great gift ideas in a flash! Also, don’t forget to “like” the Fuel4mance Facebook page to look for holiday specials.
Dina Griffin, MS, RD, CSSD