Testimonials

Birthday pancakes

My wife often comments to me how good the meals I make for our family are and that I should share the recipes.  Well, this morning I made another version of my ever popular Sunday morning pancakes but this morning was a bit special as it is my daughter's 5-year birthday.  I added some "special" ingredients and per my wife's request, I am going to share this concoction along with future dishes I create.

WARNING: THIS INFORMATION DOES NOT INCLUDE QUANTITIES.  FOR YOU QUANTITATIVE RECIPE FOLLOWERS, I APOLOGIZE BUT UNDERSTAND THAT I AM ITALIAN AND GREW UP IN THE KITCHEN ADDING A LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND A LITTLE BIT OF THAT.  I VERY RARELY FOLLOW RECIPES.  

My cooking involves opening the cabinets, fridge and freezer to see what I have to work with then I put on my artist's hat and begin creating.  Sorry that I will not provide exact amounts but I try to teach people how to be creative when it comes to cooking.  Use your senses, especially your taste buds, and sample as you cook! 

Enjoy my Princess Birthday Pancakes:

Ingredients:
-Whole grain pancake mix
-Olive oil
-Ground flax
-Vanilla soy milk
-Crushed walnuts
-Dark chocolate unsweetened baking cocoa
-Mini chocolate chips (the special ingredient of the morning!)
-Rolled oats (optional)

Mix in a bowl, pour onto hot griddle and enjoy.  These certainly do not need toppings as they are delicious just the way they are but you can certainly add some natural peanut butter on top for a mouth watering combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Mmm, mmm, good!

Oh, and the best part, I shaped my daughter's birthday pancake into a heart on the griddle and put a candle on it for the start of her special day!

Stay tuned for more of my creative kitchen concoctions!

Coach Bob
coachbob@fuel4mance.com